Sunday, March 16, 2008

DAD..Let me grow..


DAD…Let me grow…….

Age is just numbers…
Walk through them is blessing
Learn is part of it
Ready or not we will face all this.
As a child we think like a child
As youth we need to grow up
Don’t be the same any more!!!!
"Dad, I want to buy a motor bike, can I?" ask my brother when he want to buy a motor bike, but my dad always told him that he can’t buy motor bike before he got driver license, because my dad was afraid if he let my brother buy, he will get injure or accident. My brother was angry because of it, so he got mad and my father always gave him suggestion to wait until him graduate from high school.
Another story is when I stayed with my host family. This family has a teenager boy, he like hang put with his friend and some times he stay over night in one pf his friend’s house. So one times when he wants to stay in one of his house, his dad was said no, because he needs to study because he has test, but a teenage boy doesn’t listen what his dad told him so he went out and when he came back his dad just told him that what ever you do I hope you will understand that study is more important.
And now, when I came to East Timor, actually my family doesn’t let me to go because the situation in Dili (East Timor) is not safe, as you know a lot of conflict here. But after discus with all my family finally they give me permission.
From all off it, I know that may be some of parent doesn’t want their children walk from out of their permission, so I think it will very hard to the child because they want to grow up, take his/her responsibilities and walk through all thing that they want.
But one thing that as a child we need to hear our parent’s words, I know as a young man we want to be free, just waiting for right moment. As we grow, we will take step by step our responsibilities, may be hard or may be easy it is depend how we take all that responsibilities. As I learn I take all my responsibilities from my family to works in East Timor, it is not easy that I thought, some times I need to get down with low feeling or some times just want to get out and having fun. But one thing that make me realize is that I had learn to grow not only having fun all the time but I need to responsibilities for my future and my life, I believe that my life is on my hands and my future on my feet.
And for parents, I want to ask you, why you always think your child is still small kids that need direction to go? I know that your really love us but we need to GROW UP too, don’t you know that. But one thing that I learn from all of you is you are great parent for your child, I believe there is no father or mother that don’t like their child, but give us chance to take our responsibilities, just tell me that when we go in wrong direction and give us chance to take our responsibilities.
"Our life is on our hands, and our future is on our feet"

No comments: