Sunday, March 30, 2008

don't judge me...

DON’T JUDGE ME…

I ride my bike a cross the road in dilli.
With the sun are strongly shining and the faces that I don’t know.
And now, I stand in front of Internet café that I use to come.
I see some people standing on the line for buying pulse
And finally I found that I need to wait to use the internet café.
I put my bottom in one the chair to wait.
And suddenly one of the security ask me
“Hey, do you know how to read Tetun (Timorese language)?” he asks me
“Actually not, why?” I replay.
“You can’t.” With strong accent “How come you can’t read Tetun, you must know, you are in Dili, Mr.” he is continue.
“But I can read in English, I think that’s enough and I don’t need learn Tetun, I can read a little bit.” My self-defense
“Yeach you right, English huh..And you so chuffed on it.”
Replay the security and look at me with animus.
“You know what if I’m in Indonesia, I will speak Indonesia, same like you now, you are in Dili, you must speak Tetun don’t you?” He was asking me again with his judging at me.
“Ok well, I will learn some times, are you happy now?” I ask him with an abrupt answer. And he is suddenly quite.
“Any way, thank you for remain me to learn language, I’m appreciate with that.” I continue. And I got my internet access.



“ from that situation, I had learn a lot, such as if we come to another country, we must need to learn about their local language, don’t proud that we know English is the most I had learn, I know that English is world language, but do all people know about English?. Learn local language could make us back to our children memory when we start learn to speak, little by little but we still try and try even we make mistake, I remember that’s really fine if we make mistake as we know that we are learner. And I’m so happy that when we learn local language we can feel and thing that we are so weak and need other to help us learn, and when we are study we like a kids again, with fresh heart and it could lift up our stress and depress in new place, because we could laugh when we make a mistake :-)







No comments: