Wednesday, March 19, 2008

freedom is in rain


Freedom Is In Rain

Drop the water never could stop me
Wet or dry just let me through
Don’t worry
This is just water to wash my tears and sorrow.


It was 4 o’clock in the afternoon; I walked to the market that takes just 25 minutes from my house in East Timor. I know in that in a couple minutes cloud will drop the water to the ground, but I completely sure that I will be home before the rain comes down. So I walk by my self to the market and bought some vegetable for my dinner. After I bought all the stuff I go back to my house. But on the way the cloud can’t wait to drop the water so, here it is the water touch the ground.
When the rain comes I stop and go to one of empty house and wait until the rain stopped, but the rain not easy to stop so I wait a little bit long. While I’m waiting, I saw a lot of Timorese walking under the rain, without any umbrella on their hands. They just walk like there is no rain there, and they so happy walking under the rain.
Finally, I found that in east Timor when the rain comes, they feel freedom on it, a lot of youth running, and feel the freedom. I remember last time when I had English class in my house; it was rain and all my student just run away because they said that when the rain comes we don’t have to sit and works or study. So I look out side and found a lot of youth just running and playing with the rain and don’t care about my class. They feel free; even I know that they have a lot of conflict and straggling in their life, but they just fly with water and dancing and enjoyed on it.
Actually I really complain about all this, if I live in my home town and the rain comes we never and never play on it or just walk around under the rain. Because I will get sick after I play on the rain. After I saw Timorese play, actually I thinking why they are so stupid, do they think that they will get sick?” and I realize that is fine in their culture, because they feel free on it, free from fear, free from depression from the situation in this country, and free to be their self.
Now I know, if we lived in another country we don’t need to judge what their habits or said that we are smarter than them, we just need to learn that every thing is fine if we just go with the flow. Another thing that I had learn, is be our self is more happier life than copying other person’s life. And I hope I can feel the freedom when I walk on the rain, not fear, or afraid about my life and future, just free to walk and be my self.

“feel the fredom and we will get the happier life in this world”

No comments: